Sassy B’s and the Senior Scene
There’s an old saying I just learned: “C’s get degrees”.
Interesting thing about this phrase is: it’s true. You can really get C’s and really get degrees! After 6 years of college, let’s just say my enthusiasm for the learning process has waned somewhat.
The conundrum is thus: you need a degree. Now I realize that it’s a sham and a shame toboot, but we live in a society which polaces a huge value on these things. And although every job you will get is probably a result of who you know, without a college degree you will never make the money you should.
So that leaves the would-be scholar in somewhat of a bind: How to actually benefit from a mandatory, possibly unwanted situation? Well, I’ll tell you of course, in the form of a handy bulleted list!
- State Colleges are mainly geared towards the confused, non-motivated post-teen generation. This means you can expect mind-numbingly slow progress and severely underfunded facilities. Be prepared to spend most of your time in a sub-sleep mode, with occasional bouts of frustration. The best way to proceed is to make sure that you keep you r head low and your work shoddy. That way, no one will notice you.
- Pick a major where you actually learn something! This is an interesting concept. Some majors actually deal with things like facts and history. Unfortunately, I picked the Art major, in which everything you do is subject to the whim of some washed-up instructor. In a real major, it doesn’t matter if the teacher “Likes” your exam. You pass or you fail, with no ego trips.
- If you enjoy something, school is the best way to ruin any enthusiasm you may have. Besides, nobody likes a person who enjoys their work, anyway.
- Teachers always say things like: “I want to push you to do your best”, or “treat me like I’m you’re client / boss”. Whatever you do, don’t buy into it. No matter how hard you work, the fruits of your labor are worthless letter grades. Last time I checked, my Mom wasn’t sending me any $10 bills for getting good grades.
- Finally, remember why you went to college in the first place: to look at boobies! Oh, and also to please your parents.
Another great title would be called: Top 5 reasons why I hate my whole life or Why I am crying about it
YES YES YES… COLLEGE RUINS ALL CREATIVE THOUGHTS. STAY IN YOU PARENTS BASEMENT!
i NEVVUH WENT TO KNOW SKUL ER NUTTIN BUT TEWDAY IYAM A VERY SUCK-SEXFUL PERSONE. THANKHUGH
peter lee is the king of komedy
you are so right. I only grade my students on how well they know Hillcrest!