- Rock: AKA Straight-ahead rock, rock-n-roll :Rockin’ Blues, R+B influenced. Rolling Stones, Beatles etc.
- Hard Rock: Mid 80′s. Workingman’s rock. Probably dead as a genre. Kiss, The Nuge, Aerosmith
- Heavy Metal: AKA Hair bands, death rock, speed/thrash/death metal. Judas Priest, Metallica, Slayer
- Glam Theatrical or Gender-bending rock. Bowie, Poison, Cinderella.
- Wuss Rock: Moderate Pop-Rock combos: Spin Doctors, Barenaked Ladies, Hootie and/or Blowfish
- Punk Rock: Angry youth music. Consists of Pre-1994/Green Day Punk (Old School) and post Green Day crappo (Offspring, Blink 182)
- Nerd Rock: Weird shit. Zappa, Rush
- Prog Rock: Weird shit with keyboards. Probably dead as a genre. King Crimson, Jethro Tull
- Mod Rock: Weird Shit that you listen to when you wear black and cry yourself to sleep. Smiths, Cure, Depeche Mode. AKA Chick Rock.
- College/Indie Rock: Whiner rock. There are thought to be over 1,000,000 indie bands currently playin at a given time. Any band where the guys look like REM.
- Dork Rock: Bands that football players listen to to get psyched for the big game. See below.
- Rap and Roll: Raps over guitars. Facepaint, Gold Chains, and Dreadlocks. Korn.
I like this one: No intro. No expounding. Just straight-up dictionary style pontificating!
You forgot Industrial rock-NIN, Satbbing Westward, others.
your an idiot Sassy. Korn is not Rap/Rock. Shows how much you know. they are goth-industrial and you dont know shit!